The Terms and Conditions contained herein shall apply to any person (“User”) using the services of the Diabetic Foot Society of India herein known as “DFSI” for making payment through an online payment gateway service (“Service”) offered by Payment Gateway Service provider, through DFSI website – http://www.dfsi.in/. Each User is therefore deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
Please be aware, however, that DFSI will release specific personal information about the User if required to do so in the following circumstances:
1. Once a User has accepted these Terms and Conditions, he/ she may register and avail of
the Services. A User may register in Membership (Applicants Gateway) on the DFSI website.
2. DFSI’s rights, obligations, undertakings shall be subject to the laws in force in India, as well as any directives/ Procedures of the Government of India, and nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be in derogation of DFSI’s right to comply with any law enforcement agencies request or requirements relating to any User’s use of the Website or information provided to or gathered by the DFSI concerning such use. Each User accepts and agrees that the provision of details of his/ her use of the Website to regulators or police or any other third party to resolve disputes or complaints that relate to the Website shall be at the absolute discretion of the DFSI.
3. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
4. These Terms and Conditions constitute the agreement between the User and the DFSI. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
5. The entries in the books of the DFSI and/or the Payment Service Providers kept in the ordinary course of business of the DFSI and/or the Payment Service Providers concerning transactions covered under these Terms and Conditions and matters therein appearing shall be binding on the User and shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
6. Refund for Charge Back Transaction: In the event there is any claim for/ of a chargeback by the User for any reason whatsoever, such User shall immediately approach the DFSI with his/ her claim details and claim a refund from DFSI alone. Such refund (if any) shall be effected only by the DFSI via payment gateway or such other means as the DFSI deems appropriate. No User shall make a claim for refund/ chargeback to the Payment Service Provider(s), and in the event such claim is made, it shall not be entertained.
7. In these Terms and Conditions, the term “ChargeBack” shall mean, approved and settled credit card or net banking purchase transaction(s) which are at any time refused, debited or charged back to merchant account (and shall also include similar debits to Payment Service Provider’s accounts, if any) by the acquiring bank or credit card company for any reason whatsoever, together with the bank fees, penalties and other charges incidental thereto.
8. Refund for fraudulent/duplicate transaction(s): The User shall directly contact the DFSI for any fraudulent transaction(s) on account of misuse of Card/ Bank details by a fraudulent individual/party, and such issues shall be suitably addressed by the DFSI alone in line with their policies and rules.
9. Server Slow Down/Session Timeout: In case the Website or Payment Service Provider’s webpage, that is linked to the Website, is experiencing any server related issues like ‘slow down or ‘failure’ or ‘session timeout’, the User shall, before initiating the second payment, check whether his/her Bank Account has been debited or not and accordingly resort to one of the following options:
• If the Bank Account appears to be debited, ensure that he/ she does not make the payment twice and immediately thereafter contact the DFSI via email or any other mode of contact as provided by the DFSI to confirm payment. • If the Bank Account is not debited, the User may initiate a fresh transaction to make payment. However, the User agrees that under no circumstance the Payment Gateway Service Provider shall be held responsible for such fraudulent/duplicate transactions and hence no claims should be raised to Payment Gateway Service Provider. No communication received by the Payment Service Provider(s) in this regard shall be entertained by the Payment Service Provider(s).
1. The DFSI has made this Service available to the User as a matter of convenience. The DFSI
expressly disclaims any claim or liability arising out of the provision of this Service. The User
agrees and acknowledges that he/ she shall be solely responsible for his/ her conduct and
that the DFSI reserves the right to terminate the rights to use of the Service immediately
without giving any prior notice thereof.
2. The DFSI and/or the Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, nonperformance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall the DFSI and/or the Payment Service Providers, its employees, directors, and its third-party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the Services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Services.
3. The DFSI and the Payment Service Provider(s) assume no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by the User on account of:
• The delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Payment Gateway or Services in connection thereto; and/ or • Any interruption or errors in the operation of the Payment Gateway.
4. The User shall indemnify and hold harmless the Payment Service Provider(s) and the DFSI and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any claim or demand, or actions arising out of or in connection with the utilization of the Services.
5. The User agrees that the DFSI or any of its employees will not be held liable by the User for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond DFSI’s reasonable control.
1. Any waiver of any rights available to the DFSI under these Terms and Conditions shall not
mean that those rights are automatically waived.
2. The User agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data, including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card transmitted over the Internet, may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that the DFSI or the Payment Service Provider(s) have no control over such matters.
3. Although all reasonable care has been taken towards guarding against unauthorized use of any information transmitted by the User, the DFSI does not represent or guarantee that the use of the Services provided by/ through it will not result in theft and/or unauthorized use of data over the Internet.
4. The DFSI , the Payment Service Provider(s) and its affiliates and associates shall not be liable, at any time, for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the Website.
5. The User will be required to log in to his/ her own account is using the User ID and Password, given by the DFSI to register and/ or use the Services provided by DFSI on the Website. By accepting these Terms and Conditions the User aggress that his/ her User ID and Password are very important pieces of information and it shall be the User’s responsibility to keep them secure and confidential. In furtherance hereof, the User agrees to;
• Choose a new password whenever required for security reasons. • Keep his/ her User ID & Password strictly confidential. • Be responsible for any transactions made by the User under such User ID and Password. The User is hereby informed that DFSI will never ask the User for the User’s password in an unsolicited phone call or by an unsolicited email. The User is hereby required to sign out of his/ her DFSI account on the Website and close the web browser window when the transaction(s) have been completed. This is to ensure that others cannot access the User’s personal information and correspondence when the User happens to share a computer with someone else or is using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café.
1. The User agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for the use of the
aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the User shall not use a debit/
credit card that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by
the lawful owner thereof. The User further agrees and undertakes to provide correct and
valid debit/credit card details.
2. The User may pay his/ her fees to the DFSI by using a debit/credit card or through an online banking account. The User, warrants agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card/bank details:
• The User is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit/debit card, bank account for such transactions; • The User is responsible for ensuring that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate; • The User is authorizing debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the payment of fees selected by such User along with the applicable Fees • The User is responsible for ensuring sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account when making the payment to permit the payment of the dues payable or the bill(s) selected by the User inclusive of the applicable Fee.
1. The User agrees that, to the extent required or permitted by law, the DFSI and/ or the
Payment Service Provider(s) may also collect, use and disclose personal information in
connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of
cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements.
2. The User agrees that any communication sent by the User vide email shall imply release of information therein/ therewith to the DFSI. The User agrees to be contacted via email on such mails initiated by him/ her.
4. The User acknowledges and agrees that his/ her information will be managed in accordance with the laws for the time in force.
The Service is provided in order to facilitate access to view and pay payments online. The DFSI or the Payment Service Provider(s) do not make any representation of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Payment Gateway other than what is specified in the Website for this purpose. By accepting/ agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the User expressly agrees that his/ her use of the aforesaid online payment Service is entirely at the own risk and responsibility of the User.